Battle vs Chess is based on the simple yet ingenious concept of creating a fusion between professional chess software and upbeat, combat oriented game mechanics, complete with richly animated game pieces. At the outset of a match things seem quite basic: a 3D game board pits two opponents against each other in a seemingly ordinary game of chess. The game board itself is set in one of six available environments, each with its own unique landscape and presentation features. Traditionally recognized game pieces have been given a facelift as hulking stone golems and beastly chimaeras take the place of the typical rook and knight pieces respectively.
While each game piece is animated with a number of different idle motions as it patiently awaits the coming move, the excitement doesn't begin until its path has been chosen.
- Multiple richly crafted army sets combined with six different gameboard environments introduce an unheard of visual complexity
- Utilizing the famous Fritz! chess software program, equipped with 10 distinct levels of difficulty, participants of all skill levels are provided with an appropriate degree of challenge
- The state of the art 3D graphics engine powers the breath taking visuals through the incorporation of HDR and particle effects
- Cinematic quality animated sequences pull players into the action of the game
- The innovative fusion of professional chess software and action oriented fighting simulations result in a strategic action experience unlike anything before